Wednesday, October 14, 2009

banana pancakes + syrup

I love pancakes. The following recipes are gluten-free, sugar-free and guilt-free. Yummy!


Banana Pancakes
4 very ripe bananas
4 eggs
1/2 cup almond flour (almond meal)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Mash ingredients together until there are minimal lumps. Grease pan and cook on medium heat or 300 degrees if using a skillet. They will not bubble as much as regular pancakes and they take a little longer to cook. Just keep checking them. I often double this recipe since I eat them so much and I freeze half.

Honey Syrup
1 cup honey
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla

Heat well until mixed together. Do not bring to a boil. Tastes pretty close to real syrup! You can also try maple extract instead of vanilla. My kids love these!

1 comment:

Christine said...

oh my gosh this sounds so good!