Monday, April 5, 2010
and the giveaway goes to . . .
DENISE!! Email me at brjohnston1 at juno dot com and I will get your goodies in the mail to you this week!
I loved reading all your comments about journaling. I thought I would recap a few of the things that each of you said.
A few reasons why I don't journal . . .
1. Worried about spelling and grammar (good thing no one is grading my scrapbook!)
2. Think that it has to be well thought out and beautifully written
3. No free quiet moment to think about what I really want to say
A few reasons TO journal . . .
1. Love going back and reading what grandparents wrote on the backs of their pictures . . . it's history!
2. To catch what kids are saying NOW--all their cute sayings
3. Writing down what I am thinking right now, in the moment, will be funny later
I loved Heather's tip of keeping a journal in the kitchen to write down random tidbits of what her kids are doing or funny things they say. After all, we spend a significant amount of our time there. I loved Jan's approach as well--she has her kids do their own journaling on their scrapbook pages! Love it!
Thanks all for playing in my first giveaway . . . until next time!