Friday, May 21, 2010

rollerskating




Back in the day, rollerskating was THE thing to do . . . I remember getting all dolled up with my side ponytail, bangs 4 inches tall, leg warmers and hot pink shirt--I thought I was HOT! (I was with those darn leg warmers on.) Thank goodness times have changed.

Every Friday afternoon, our local rollerskating rink has a homeschool skate day. It's only $3 and they play Christian music the entire time. They also have a few games which are fun to participate in. Today, we were supposed to go camping . . . we woke up to freezing weather and the prediction of rain tonight. I wanted to brave the elements, but my husband talked me out of it. So, we had to think of something really fun to do so the girls wouldn't be too disappointed. We called up one of their homeschool buddies and off we went to the rink. Here are a few more pictures:


We started with the regular roller skates, but then we paid a little extra to get the rollerblades--someone told us they were a little easier to learn on--they were.

Paige stayed very focused the whole time. If you asked her to turn and smile for a picture, she lost her concentration and would fall. She was SO sweaty by the end. Apparently rollerskating is a work out.

I hung out with this little guy the entire time. He stayed in the stroller for about half the time and then wanted to explore all the arcade games . . . he had a good time.

Since we weren't by the campfire tonight, we made s'mores in the microwave. The girls thought this was really cool. Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: