Wednesday, September 15, 2010

green tangerines opening and a birthday layout

As I mentioned before, I've been busy making samples for my favorite scrapbook store store that is reopening this Thursday morning!!! The employees have been hard at work . . . often pulling all-nighters. I helped out a couple of nights ago . . . it took me one hour to unwrap two bays of Bazzill cardstock--and I was moving at lightning speed! If you are local and this is YOUR store, please know how much HARD WORK it takes to run a scrapbook store. If you are planning on being there for opening weekend, bring them a card, some flowers, homeade baked goodies--just show them how thankful you are that they are BACK!! Afterall, we have been without a scrapbook store for six months . . . not fun!

All of the patterned paper in this layout is from Fancy Pants newest birthday release. The little frog that I cut out is from We R Memory Keepers. Letter stickers are American Crafts. Sketch is from Allison Davis.



I've made these flowers before and I may have talked about them here before . . . can't remember. Using a 1"x12" strip of paper, accordian fold it all the way to the end. Attach the ends. The tricky part is popping it out so it lays flat. I have a punched 1" circle ready and I liquid glue the flower to it and then set something heavy on top of it and let it dry for an hour. Then embellish as desired.

Have a great day!

No comments: