Monday, November 22, 2010

a weekend to remember

My husband and I have been married for 10 years. We have a good marriage. He is an amazing dad and he is a huge helper to me. But there are always things we both need to work on in our marriage. Sometimes it's hard to stop and take the time to deal with them when life is busy . . . especially when little tikes are invovled. This past weekend we carved out some time and attended a marriage conference that was visiting our area called A Weekend to Remember. Our marriage was not in trouble, the conference was not a big counseling session, it was just a place to learn more about making our marriage the best that it can be--after all, God designed marriage and wants us to have a great one, right?!

If you are feeling like you could use a tune up, feel like your marriage is headed into the "danger zone" or just want to spend a lot of time laughing with your spouse, the team at Family Life does an incredible job of connecting with people. The speakers are hilarious, the videos make you laugh till your sides hurt and they have a way of connecting with both men and women that is amazing. My husband does not like to sit through classes or lengthy talks (I don't think most men do) and he made it through! (They schedule a lot of breaks and time to work on "projects" with your spouse.)

I'm not a spokesperson for this group, just an attender who loved the time they gave me to talk with my husband about fun things and about hard things and to grow together. They even have special break out sessions for engaged couples. And you can attend for only $159--so cheap for what they give you. Check them out if you are interested and see when they are coming to a city near you!

That's all from me for now . . . sorry, a pictureless post.  A picture next time, I promise! Have a great Monday morning!

No comments: