Tuesday, January 25, 2011

heritage designer's challenge week 2


It's week 2 of the Heritage Challenge I am hosting at Green Tangerines! This week is all about growing up. What decade did you grow up in? I grew up in the 1980’s, the decade of side-ponytails, leg warmers, boom boxes and cassette tapes. Back then everyone walked or rode the bus to school, ate Velveeta cheese without guilt and played Rubik’s Cube for fun. Do you ever wonder what is was like growing up before electricity was invented, before it was socially acceptable for women to wear jeans or when you had to actually milk a cow to get your milk?

In the layout above I've documented some of my grandmother's memories--she was a twin. This is from an interview I did with her before she died. I am so glad I took the time to do this! If you want to play along, here are a few questions to get you started:

Document something about a relatives growing up years (or your own!)
  1. What is your earliest childhood memory?
  2. What kind of games did you play growing up? (jump rope, jacks, etc.)
  3. What was your favorite toy and why?
  4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? (Movies, beach, etc.)
  5. Did you have family chores? What were they? Which was your least favorite?
  6. Do you remember any fads from your youth? (Hairstyles, clothing, etc.)
  7. Who were your childhood heroes?
  8. What world events had the most impact on you while growing up?
  9. How is the world today different from what is was like when you were a child?
  10. Who were your favorite actors, actresses, artists, etc?
I'd love to see YOUR layouts! Just post a comment to this post with a link to your blog and I will come visit! Have a great day!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a treasured LO w/amazing info to share!