Tuesday, February 8, 2011

heritage designer's challenge week 4


It's week 4 of the Heritage Challenge I am hosting at Green Tangerines. I'm enjoying digging through old photos every week. Now that I have a Mac computer with a camera, I can Skype with my parents and show them photos and ask them questions about each one--instead of scanning them all!

I documented my grandparents wedding and honeymoon. I'd done their dating and engagement story last year--you can see that layout here. This week the topic is love. Do you have a great love story to tell? Did your grandmother write love letters to her intended and wait weeks for a response to arrive? What was dating like before email, facebook and texting?! Here are a few questions to get you going:

Document a love story:
  1. How did you first meet your spouse? Was it love at first sight or did you grow into love?
  2. Where did you go on dates? Describe a typical date.
  3. Describe your marriage proposal. What were the words used? Where did it take place? What did your parents say when you told them?
  4. Describe any details about your wedding day. The locations, the clothing, the food, the decorating, the wedding party. Do you remember how much your wedding cost? What memory stands out most from your wedding day?
  5. Did you go on a honeymoon?
  6. Where did you first live as a newly married couple?
  7. How would you describe your spouse? What do (did) you admire most about them?
  8. What do you believe the key is to a successful marriage?
Happy scrapping and have a great Tuesday!

No comments: