Tuesday, February 15, 2011

heritage designer's challenge week 5


This week I am challenging you to document a childhood home. I grew up in several different homes. We lived in a house on a creek . . . where several leeches once attached themselves to me, we lived next to some noisy railroad tracks and we lived in a typical suburban home. One thing I remember is that homes back then seemed to be smaller than they are today. I often wonder if that meant less cleaning! I chose to document my grandmother's home. I learned so much about her during this interview.

Document something about a childhood home, either yours or a relative’s home. Here are a few questions to get you started:
  1. What was your childhood house like? Size? Location?
  2. Did you have your own room?
  3. Did you have running water? Electricity? Refrigerator? Toilet? Telephone? Radio? Television? If you didn’t have some of these conveniences, what was it like when these were installed?
  4. Did you have a vegetable garden? Fruit trees? Were they canned? Did you have a cow for milk? Chickens for eggs?
  5. What kind of chores did you have around the home? Did you do them before or after school? What did you do for fun?
If you are local, stop by the Green Tangerines blog for more details on how to participate. Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I was just talking about the railroad tracks by your house and how we would put pennies on them. Memories! Hope you are doing well! Love the new pic of your kiddos. They've grown so much!