Tuesday, March 29, 2011

heritage designer's challenge week 11

We're in week 11 of the heritage challenge I am hosting at Green Tangerines. Only one more week to go!  I have numerous keepsakes just waiting for a home on one of my pages. What’s a girl to do with old birth certificates, love letters, telegrams and ticket stubs? Document them of course!



I love reading my grandmother’s old telegrams that my grandfather sent to her before they were married. They were short and sweet, but you can still feel the love that radiated through them. I created a pocket with this tag to hold the telegrams.

This week, grab something that isn’t a picture and scrapbook it! If your keepsake isn’t flat enough to put in an album, take a picture of it and write about it.
  1. Telegrams: Was there a special message conveyed to a loved one? A death announced? A baby born?
  2. Letters: What did people write to their loved ones about?
  3. Birth, Marriage or Death Certificate: Write the story of that particular person.
  4. Ticket stubs: What did people do for entertainment? Did they travel? What were the costs involved? 
These are just a few questions to get you started. Happy documenting!

No comments: