This is a less-than-pefect photo of my grandmother (she looks surprised!), but it's the only one I have of her working in the hospital kitchen. Don't be afraid to use photos that aren't the best--it's the story that you are documenting! This was a huge part of my grandmother's life and I wanted to capture it--good picture or not!
Here are a few questions to get you started on the topic of food:
- Do you have a favorite dish that your grandmother or mother used to always make?
- Describe a typical family dinner. Who did most of the cooking?
- Do you have a special recipe that has been passed down that you make frequently or on special occasions?
- What food was served at a holiday meal? What were your favorites?
- Do you love or dislike to cook? Who taught you to cook?
- Do you have any special memories surrounding food?
- What was your grandmother’s or mother’s kitchen like?
Have a great Tuesday!