Sorry for the crummy scan . . . my scanner is having issues. I made a "warning" label to look like a sign you might see on the road.
Over 100 people died during this blizzard and over 1 million livestock were lost. It was a tragic story in history and my grandparents and great-grandparents lived to tell about it. I can't imagine being stranded in my home for six weeks! It was fun to hear my mom's take on the event as well--she was conceived during this LONG winter!
Here are some questions to get you started:
1. Was there a tornado that came through your town? Was there an earthquake that shook you up? (or any natural disaster)
2. Do you remember rationing supplies during a World War?
3. Did someone you love go off to war?
4. Did something you saw personally or on the news impact the way you think about our world?
5. How did an event (big or small) impact your family?
Have a great day!