Saturday, August 10, 2013

story of the world: volume 3 lapbook



I've received numerous emails asking for these lapbook elements and I'm excited to have them available for you today!


Please download the file and come back to leave a donation.

Story of the World Volume 3 Lapbook

Suggested Donation: $5

All proceeds received will go towards the ministry my husband and I have of sending couples to a week long marriage retreat at The JH Ranch. Blessings to you!

Here are a few example of what you'll find inside--there are 42 chapters. This is only a sampling of 3 chapters:



Visit throughout the year and I'll be sharing many of the SOTW 3 activities that we do. I'll even share some non-SOTW history projects that take place during the same time period. I have some FUN ideas planned! You can find the "Story of the World" link on the right hand side of my blog--this is where you'll find my most recent posts. 


I purchased "natural" or "recycled" file folders from my office supply store. My daughter made a "log cabin" to store all of our lapbook elements. We cut apart an extra file fold to make a roof and a door. I used clear packing tape to add a door that opens. I love the cute pilgrim waiting inside! I purchased the pilgrim stickers at Joann. The old letter stickers are from my scrapbook stash.


I trimmed the tab off of one file folder and glued it to the inside of the next file folder. You will need to add more file folders and some cardstock flaps so that you are able to fit all 42 chapter elements inside this "book." My suggestion is that you start with this base that your student can decorate (the fun part). Work on your elements throughout the year (store them in a ziploc bag) and then paste them all in at once. This way you are able to add the proper amount of cardstock flaps and file folders. I do not know what the "proper" amount is or I would tell you! We'll be working our way through the book this year as well!

I'd love to hear any fun ideas you have for the year that revolve around history. Leave me a comment and and say hello!

*These lapbook components and it’s author are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Susan Wise Bauer or Peace Hill Press. 




18 comments:

Tammy said...

Thank you SO much for sharing this! I know it must have been a ton of work. I gladly donated to you and your cause. THANK YOU!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this. They look FANTASTIC!!! My girls are going to love it! I know this was a lot of work and I am so grateful to you for blessing us in this way. I will gladly make a donation as well. BLESSINGS to you and yours this school year!

Siyen said...

This is Great! Thank you so much for your hard work and willingness to share! I will definitely make a donation!

Unknown said...

I would love to use this, but the link takes me to a blank page. Is anyone else having trouble?

Brenda Johnston said...

Jason--try it again. Maybe the site was down the minute you tried it or something. I just tried it and it was all there. Let me know if you still have issues. You can email me at johnstonhouse at gmail dot com. Hope it works for you!

Yvonne said...

This is an awesome lapbook! I have added this page to my favorites on the computer. We are working through SOTW Vol 1 right now. But I would like to use this when we get to Vol 3. :-)

Sarah said...

We are just jumping into Vol 3 and can't wait to use these awesome elements! Thank you so much!

jes said...

A tremendous Thank You for providing this amazing resource! I've begun looking for materials to do VOl 3 with my young kids next year, hearing that the content and Instructors Guide are geared toward older children. I'm so happy you've continued Alia's work! Now we go stick with SOTW for another year instead of moving on to different history curriculum!

MarytheKay said...

Thank you SO MUCH for such an AMAZING resource!!! Can't wait to start using them! I just donated to your ministry! :-)

Jen Dalton said...

Wondering if this is still available? I tried to download it a few times but the page is just coming up blank. :(

Unknown said...

I'm having trouble downloading ALL 3 😢😢😢 is there a problem with the site or were they taken down for some reason? Please please please help!

Brenda said...

Dropbox has suspended the links for some reason. I am working on trying to figure it out. Hopefully I'll have it up again soon. I have a newborn, so give me a little time. Thanks! : )

Katie said...

Hi have you figured out why Dropbox isn't working or could you send me the volume 3 pages? Thanks!

Unknown said...

For some reason the link is not working. We have used your volume 2 lapbook and LOVE it, and was hoping to use it for Volume 3 for the next school year. Is there any way you could possibly email it to me. I would be more than happy to make a donation.

Shay said...

I would be happy to purchase this file from you or make a donation if that is possible! I wish I were so creative!!

Alyce said...

I would be happy to purchase these lap book pages from you. Please e-mail me at roochieroo2002@yahoo.com. I used volume 2 this year and they were invaluable to me. Thanks for making them - they are wonderful.

Brenda Johnston said...

All links are working again. Thanks for your patience. Happy lap booking!

Britni said...

I am trying to bring up the first link, but it is not working. Please email me at Britbrit2282@gmail.com if possible. I would love to do this for my 3 kids, thank you!!!